[Zope] Local Zope roles with LDAPUserFolder

Thierry Florac thierry.florac@onf.fr
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:07:13 +0200

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 15:27, Jim Hodapp wrote:
> I have a question pertaining to the LDAPUserFolder and I found your
> email for a contact for the product.  I am using it to authenticate
> users against my company's ActiveDirectory controller so users can login
> to my Plone site using their same Windows username and password pair.
> However, how do I assign roles to users once they are made aware to Zope
> through LDAPUserFolder?  How do I assign, for instance, a role of Member
> and Admin to my own username?  Are there any docs on LDAPUserFolder or
> any mailing lists?

Assignment of local roles to LDAP users is made is the same way as usual,
throught Security / Local Roles.
The only difference is that if you have more users in your database than the
number of results that your server can retrieve in a single query, you have
to know the user ID of the user you want to add.

Thierry

--
  Linux every day, keeps Dr Watson away...
  http://gpc.sourceforge.net -- http://www.ulthar.net