[Zope] REMOTE_ADDR unavailable when using Virtual host

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:42:36 -0700

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> robert wrote at 2003-6-2 07:02 +0200:
>  > I had tried your patch allredy. However it did not work. Somehow the condition
>  > +            if stack and stack[-1] == 'VirtualHostRemoteAddr':
>  > was never true (I checked by having the stack printed).
>
> You must use it in your Apache RewriteRule:
>
>     .../VirtualHostBase/http/domain/VirtualHostRemoteAddr/%{REMOTE_ADDR}/...

The traversal stack must not be used as a vehicle for trusted
information.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"We must be born with an intuition of mortality.  Before we know the words