[Zope] External methods & persistance and thread safety

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:10:47 +0200

Dennis Allison wrote at 2003-6-4 00:51 -0700:
 > I have a Zope that is being used for content development.  Much of the
 > content is maintained in the local file system (e.g. CVS, temporary files,
 > and the like).  Some of the operations can take a bit of time.  And I have
 > a number of folks banging on the system at the same time.
 >
 > Much of the heavy lifiting is done by python external methods and calls to
 > systems programs through the os.system() method.  It all works swimmingly
 > but for a couple of instances of anomolous behavior--the wrong file
 > getting written, for example.  It could be a program error, but I don't
 > think so.  I'm wondering if I am running afoul of some persistance or
 > threading problem.   (And to make things suitably complex, this is all
 > running on a dual processor machine.)
 >
 > Any thoughts?

A question best asked to an oracle...

  Apparently, you have a deep problem which occurs non-deterministically.
  Your problem description is very shallow.
  Only an oracle (or other mythical being) can provide hints...

Dieter