[Zope] External methods & persistance and thread safety

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:21:04 -0400

On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 12:03:12PM -0700, Dennis Allison wrote:
> Dieter, you and the others on the list are the oracle.....
>
> And you are right, the problem description is shallow--but that's because
> I see only the effect--a file corrupted with the wrong data in the managed
> CVS.  I suspect the problem lies in the persistance mechanism.  External
> methods do inherit from the right classes for persistance,

... for storing the External Method object itself in the ZODB.

> but I'm not
> sure I have the right song & dance for mutable lists and dictionary to
> guarantee persistance.

ok, now I'm really confused.

What does ZODB persistence have to do with checking stuff in
& out of CVS?

What are these lists & dictionaries, and why do you want them to
be persistent?

How are you trying to make them persistent?

> If I don't, that may be the source of my problem.
> Beyond careful inspection of the code, do you have any suggestions.

Not enough information.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com