[Zope] TTW Edit Lost when there is a syntax error

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 22:18:04 -0700

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 13:31, Dennis Allison wrote:
> This happens to me and my co-developer a lot.  We make a bunch of changes
> to a file using Zope's TTW editor and go to save it, but there are syntax
> errors, and we lose the edits.  Is there a patch to prevent this from
> happening?  (And, if not, why not?  Is there some hidden gotcha that
> prevents it?)

Back button - some browsers will keep it in your cache. Sounds like you
are editing DTML, this doesnt happen in ZPT or Python and I really thing
DTML should be treated the same, however...

There are other ways to edit: External Editor, WebDAV, FTP or maybe even
something like FileSystem Directory View. Check out External Editor for
a start :)
--
  Andy McKay