[Zope] Magic behavior of DateIndex in a ZCatalog

Nico Grubert nicogrubert@web.de
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:52:26 +0200

> > - Why does the DateIndex value differs so much from the metadata value ?
>
> Because you indexed something else that a DateTime object. The index
> will then try to convert it to a DateTime object, and in some caseas
> above this succeeded, and in some cases it didn't. The internal
> DateIndex integer represenations is not the same as time.time().

Yes, that's right, but I also tried to pass a DateTime() instance and got the following:

Python TimeStamp : DateTime.DateTime()
DateIndex value : 1073242822
Metadata value : 2003/06/05 12:22:36.673 GMT+2

Is this DateTime index somehow useful (for searching?) in my catalog or should I throw 'em out ?

-nico
UNICEF bittet um Spenden fur die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101