[Zope] Virtual Host Monster

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 18:09:31 +0200

Many thanks to all who helped. The final solution was provided by someone
from the Apache list.

For the record, the problem was that the httpd process was not getting the
new configuration information. I was relying on some commands from old
documentation, httpd [stop | start | reload], which didn't work with this
version of Apache (and I was not getting any error message). After Apache
1.3, one can use apachectl [stop | start | restart].

Another interesting issue, not referred to in the document below, is that if
Apache is being used to serve another web site (with the same IP as yours)
than you also have to create another VirtualHost configuration for that web
site. This is important if you don't want to upset the other users :-).

Regards,
Fernando