[Zope] Squid vs Apache+mod_proxy+mod_gzip

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Sat, 07 Jun 2003 14:30:07 -0400

I've putting together a server (single P4, 1GB RAM) and website solution
that will be using plone and have some serious traffic (getting up to around
10,000 visits per day) and server-side "dynamicity". So caching and other
strategies for optimizing speed will be needed.

My question is, in your experience, how does Squid match up against Apache
1.3 + mod_proxy + mod_gzip in the areas of speed and robustness?

We won't need much non-zope content but will need SSL.

also, with squid, how do people get useful logs for analysis by awstats etc
out of it? based on what I've looked at, the logs are not as detailed as
those given by apache.

tia.

<-->
george donnelly - http://www.zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - MSN: zettainet@hotmail.com - ICQ: 51907738