[Zope] LDAPUserFolder question.

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:27:16 -0400

On Tuesday, Jun 10, 2003, at 11:52 US/Eastern, Braun Brelin wrote:

> That seemed to work.  Thanks.  Now I have one more question.  :-)
>
> The documentation seems to says that user roles should be stored as
> "groups" in
> LDAP. So, just to clarify, if I have the following user roles:
>
> Manager
> Member
> Owner
> Author
> Publisher
> Reviewer
> Dept_Member
>
> Should each of these roles be listed as a separate group in LDAP?

if you want to retrieve role information from the LDAP server then you
must have suitable group records with the names of roles you need
underneath the point in the LDAP tree that you specified as groups
search base in your configuration. so if you need all these roles then
you must create those group records (see "Groups" tab in the ZMI).

jens