[Zope] SQL DNS Headaches

Linn, Daniel B - CIEP-3 dblinn@bpa.gov
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:38:20 -0700

I have created the system DNS, and when I create a new ODBC connection it shows in the list.  I select it and save the page.  When I try to open the connection I get a 404.  I've tried using a DNS-less connection with this string:

DRIVER={SQL Server};Trusted_Connection=Yes;DATABASE=Communique;SERVER=******;Description=SQL on Zope

But I get an invalid connection string error.  I can't seem to take off the description with out generating a 404.  In any case, I've never connected successfully.  I've been told about using external methods, but I'm charged with showing my department how easy Zope is.  I don't think using an external method qualifies.  This has got to be just a silly error on my part.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Dan Linn
503.230.3753 work
503.515.3593 cell
Bonneville Power Administration