[Zope] A few newbie questions

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
11 Jun 2003 14:21:55 -0700

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 13:23, Guillaume Dargaud wrote:
> Okay, just getting started

Welcome

> 1) Where can I search the list archive ?

A wise question to ask first. :-)

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/

> 2) Where are the standard_html_header and standard_html_footer files ? I
> can't seem to find them under the root hierarchy.

By default, these objects are installed in your root object.  If they
aren't there, you can always create new ones.  They're just ordinary
DTML or ZPT objects with special names.

> 3) I tried to play with the lesson8 in Elvis tutorial after reading chapter
> 3 of the Zope book where it references "class Image" in appendix B. So I
> changed the code like the AppB example:
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> <h2><dtml-var title></h2>
> <dtml-in expr="photoArchive.objectValues()">
>   <dtml-var ImageObject>
>   <P><dtml-var title> (<dtml-var getSize> bytes)</p>
> </dtml-in>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>
> But I get a Error Type: KeyError; Error Value: ImageObject when I try to
> view the results.
> What's missing ?!?

Anything that defines ImageObject, apparently.  :-)

I don't have this exercise in front of me, but give <dtml-var
sequence-item> a try instead of <dtml-var ImageObject> and see what
happens.

Oh, and you *are* using the latest version of the Zope Book, yes?
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition

> 4) Is there a way to read the EXIF data off jpeg files directly from Zope ?
> Or the information data off png files ?

Yes and no.  Zope can execute external scripts that can do pretty much
anything.  But Zope doesn't have this built in (that I know of).

HTH,

Dylan