[Zope] ZClass Inheritance, Permissions and exUserFolder

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:56:58 +0200

Hi,

I stumbled across an interesting thing with ZClasses. I have a ZClass A
which is the Base Class of ZClass B. It is not possible to add A to a
folder, as there is no add-Method, but I created a Permission and
factory A_add_permission. I thought that I could avoid creating 4
different Add-Permissions for every Subclass of A (there will be 4
alltogether), but it seems that this is not enough to create an Instance
of B. Actually I've got a form and a script, in which the
add_Product['myproduct'].B_add() script is called. When I execute this
as a user that has no full manager-Role but a somewhat equally - so he
has the permission to add an instance of A to the folder I tested this
in, I get a HTTP-Auth Dialog to log into with a manager account I think.
I cannot fully prove this, as my only manager account at the moment is 1
level above the acl_users folder in which the limited user account is
(using an exUserFolder there).

So the question is: Is it possible to have the add_permission only for
the base class and be able to add instances of the subclasses with only
this permission set?

Andreas

--
Tomorrow will be cancelled due to lack of interest.