AW: [Zope] manage_addFile - ErrorValue: seek

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:50:04 +0200

Please stay on the list, there are more people there that can help you.

Bernhard Kahlbacher wrote at 2003-6-14 11:46 +0200:
 > As Mr. Linzbichler told me you are a developer of Zope

Strictly speaking, that's not true. I am a developer with Zope
and sometimes provide bug reports and patches for Zope but do
not develop Zope itself.

 > I would be
 > gratefull if you can answer me another question (or should put it to the
 > mailing list as well?):

You should indeed.

 > I am creating a product called groupware which should provide a minimal
 > groupware function.
 > How can I access e.g. a picture which I didn't include (with
 > _manage.addPicture(...)) to the ZODB but it's located on the Product
 > folder (Zope/lib/python/Products/Groupware/fh_joanneum.jpg) ?

You use "App.ImageFile.ImageFile" to make it an attribute of
your "Groupware" class. All your instances inherit this attribute
and can access it in the normal way.

Most products contain examples of this approach.

Dieter