[Zope] Putting a default value in an <input type="file"...>

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:50:51 +0200

Gilles Lenfant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a PageTemplate form with a control scripts.
>
> In case of control failure, the form is published again with an error
> message and the previous values of the fields.
>
> This is easy for usual widgets (textfields, radio, checkboxes...) but I'm
> stuck with <input type="file" value=...> controls, for which I can't give
> back the previous value (file path in the client file system).
>
> Any hint ?
>
> I know this is not strictly a Zope problem but I guess some of you already
> faced that problem.

I don't know wheter it's possible to write anything in the input box of
an <input type="file" ...>, but I can tell you that zope can't in any
way help you with that, because from a standards pov, the browser
doesn't send the path information to the server.

cheers,
oliver