[Zope] date-Attributes with no value

Andreas Pakulat ap125@informatik.uni-rostock.de
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:31:58 +0200

Hi,

I just wondered if it is possible (without an Python-based Product) to
have date-Properties that have no value, but None or some equivalent. I
have some Date's in my ZClasses that need not to be set if the class is
in a certain state, so I would like to omit the input field in the
creation form. But I do have to include a hidden input field at least,
to avoid Zope complaining about an incorrect Date-String. Also a hidden
field using None as content doesn't work, but this gives me an
IndexError. It is not a real problem, as I can define any date earlier
than 1970-1-1 to be illegal, but I wondered if it is possible to have
some value that renders to false in Python.

Andreas

--
Cheer Up!  Things are getting worse at a slower rate.