[Zope] How can I know all the functions that are called by Zope?

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:49:33 +0200

  Hi all!

  I am trying to make a new Zope product, based on LocalFS, so I am
trying to change the source code of LocalFS. But in my product, I need
to know who is the authenticated user when someone tries to read a file
in the local filesystem by writing its URL. The problem is that if I ask
UserManager in any function in the source of LocalFS, it always tells me
that it is no one. I think I read somewhere, sometime, that the
authenticated user can't be read until the end of traversal. So the
changes that I have to make in the source code, have to be made
somewhere where the traversal has already finished.

  I've tried in all the functions of the LocalFS product that are called
when someone types the URL of a file in the local filesystem, with no
luck. So I have two questions:

    - Does anybody know all the functions that are called in the Zope
sources when someone writes the URL of a file in the local filesystem?
    - Or else, how can I know all the functions that are called, without
having to put traces in all the functions in all the Zope source?

  Thanks in advance,

				Igor Leturia