[Zope] Learning Zope, Question re ZODB, classes

Jeff Childers jchilders_98@yahoo.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:19:39 -0400

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a simple contact manager app with Zope as a learning
exercise. Companies, contacts, events.

So: I created three folders, one for Companies, one for Contacts, one for
Events. I added properties to each folder relevant to the type of object
(e.g. cmp_name, cmp_address, con_firstname, con_lastname).

I grok the DTML and am thinking I need to be looking more at ZPT, but I can
muddle my way through either of those. Here's where I'm stuck: now that
I've created my "objects" (folders), how do I address them from Python
scripts for add/edit/delete functionality? I can see in the sample apps how
to p_changed=1 to save the current object, but how about a new one? I can't
save my object if I don't have one yet....

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.  Even if just a pointer to a
sample product that illustrated add/edit/delete functionality...

TIA,

Jeff