[Zope] Content management system

keith@lightwave1.net keith@lightwave1.net
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:52:14 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C339C0.F1878380

Dear Sir

I was just looking at Zope 2.6.1 on your website and I would like to =
know if it or any other software you provide could help me fulfil =
certain objectives for an upcoming job.

A prospective client of mine requires a content management system. We =
are planning to install this on his server that houses the company's =
intranet and we want to set up a system whereby if a user from another =
country logs onto this intranet site via the worldwide web (with a =
pre-defined USERNAME and PASSWORD) he could, according to his access =
privileges access a HTML or PHP page with a menu and search function and =
use this to search for a list of documents by certain criteria (for =
example by date or subject etc)
These documents will be contained within a database possibly MySQL or =
Oracle etc.
He will then see a webpage with the list of documents with links. When =
he clicks on one link, he will then see the document (through the web =
browser) and it could be a WORD or EXCEL document and he could have the =
option to download this by clicking a download button.
He could then alter this document in WORD etc (depending on the document =
itself) and then upload this to the same database on the intranet so =
that it replaces the old one.

This would work very much like Livelink  (www.livelink.com)

Ideally it has to be a system that is easy to use especially by someone =
not used to IT.

I was looking at your website and I wondered if your software could meet =
the above requirements.

I would really appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as =
possible as this client requires an answer within the next 2 days.

Thank you very much

Keith Trodden

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C339C0.F1878380

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear Sir</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was just looking at <SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: =
'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: =
EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-bidi-font-weight: bold"><A=20
href=3D"http://www.zope.org/Zope/2.6.1"><SPAN=20
style=3D"TEXT-DECORATION: none; text-underline: none">Zope=20
2.6.1</SPAN></A>&nbsp;on your website and I would like to know if it or =
any=20
other software you provide could help me fulfil certain objectives for =
an=20
upcoming job.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>A prospective client of mine requires a =
content=20
management system. We are planning to install this on his server that =
houses the=20
company=92s intranet and we want to set up a system whereby if a user =
from another=20
country logs onto this intranet site via the worldwide web (with a =
pre-defined=20
USERNAME and PASSWORD) he could, according to his access privileges =
access a=20
HTML or PHP page with a menu and search function and use this to search =
for a=20
list of documents by certain criteria (for example by date or subject=20
etc)<BR>These documents will be contained within a database possibly =
MySQL or=20
Oracle etc.<BR>He will then see a webpage with the list of documents =
with links.=20
When he clicks on one link, he will then see the document (through the =
web=20
browser) and it could be a WORD or EXCEL document and he could have the =
option=20
to download this by clicking a download button.<BR>He could then alter =
this=20
document in WORD etc (depending on the document itself) and then upload =
this to=20
the same database on the intranet so that it replaces the old =
one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This would work very much like =
Livelink&nbsp; (<A=20
href=3D"http://www.livelink.com">www.livelink.com</A>)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ideally it has to be a system that is =
easy to use=20
especially by someone not used to IT.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was looking at your website and I =
wondered if=20
your software could meet the above requirements.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would really appreciate it if you =
could get back=20
to me as soon as possible as this client requires an answer within the =
next 2=20
days.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you very much</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Keith =
Trodden<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C339C0.F1878380--