[Zope] calling os.system using external method

Mike Doanh Tran mtran@shufflemasterrd.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:57:40 -0600

All,

All,

I have an External method that uses os.system to execute
a linux command on a local host.  I am trying to pass a file name
to the findDocs function (see below) to locate the location (path) of the
wanted file and print it out on a dtml document.  Can someone please show me
how to make this work?

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions.

#Python script to find location/path of local file
import os
unixCommand = 'find /home/uploads/ -name %'
def findDocs(arg):
  os.system(unixCommand%arg)

DTML:
<dtml-call "externalMethodName(arg=fileName)">