[Zope] how to protect a link

Jianping Zhu jzhu@fisher.forestry.uga.edu
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:53:50 -0400

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 07:59:28PM +0200, Sven Hohage wrote:
> > What i can want to do now is
> > i have a link  myfile links http://www.mysite.com/dbfolder/myfile.db,
> > when people
> > click myfile trying to download myfile.db, the system will ask her/him
> > to provide password to download it. I guess i need do something to the
> In the management interface go to the file and then click on the tab
> Security.
> Then uncheck 'Acquire Permission Settings'.
> That's all.
> No everyone who tries to download the file will be prompted.
> But try to read the book!

I added a new role Viewer. and unchecked Acquire Permission Settings'
the checked view for role Viewer. after that i add a user user1 with
role
Viewer. I suppose i will be able to access myfile.db by prividing user1'
password. but i failed!!! i can not access it. Can somebody give me a
hint to settle this problem?

Thanks