[Zope] CookieCrumbler under LDAPUserFolder

David A. Riggs lukewarm@ultrasoul.com
27 Jun 2003 16:25:29 -0400

--=-iRN/KCAEuqNG9kPTyu1t

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 13:48, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> David A. Riggs wrote at 2003-6-26 16:35 -0400:
>  > ...
>  > The root of my site authenticates with an LDAPUserFolder. There
>  > is a sub-application which uses an acl_satellite=20
>  > (LDAPUserSatellite) to authenticate against a branch of the LDAP
>  > directory. I'd like for this sub-application to use cookie-based
>  > authentication (for a nice, unified HTML login page and ease of
>  > logging out).
>  >=20
>  > The CookieCrumbler product seems to want an acl_users folder in
>  > the same directory as itself, which isn't possible in this case.
>=20
> Why not? I do not see a reason.
>=20

I can only find the most minimal of documentation for the
CookieCrumbler, but...I've tried renaming my acl_sattelite to
acl_users and dropped a CookieCrumbler instance into the same
directory (as per the README.txt). Visiting this URL still
prompts me with the HTTP authentication box rather than the
login_form that I expect (I've copied in the default login_form,
logged_in and logged_out DTMLMethods but not touched them
otherwise).=20

Is there a decent HowTo for using the CookieCrumbler? Is there
a way to make the LDAPUserSatellite use cookie auth? Am I
doing something stupid to make my current setup not work?

--=20
- David A. Riggs <lukewarm@ultrasoul.com>

--=-iRN/KCAEuqNG9kPTyu1t

--=-iRN/KCAEuqNG9kPTyu1t--