[Zope] Exporting zodb data (Urgent)

Sukhwinder Singh ssruprai@hotmail.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:46:31 +0530

>  Their loss, I suppose.

 They want to it because zope has become very very slow.

>  If you're looking to capture the logic of the site, the best answer I
>  can give is to use wget to grab the HTML and recreate the logic from
>  scratch.  You're re-doing this in PHP anyway, the logic is bound to be
>  different and if you don't know DTML or ZPT well, it won't help you much
>  to have the original code.

 I have code I have everything. Site is working in zope on my development
system. I have tried everything I could find information about. They want to
 create exact copy of that already working system in php.
 Main problem is exporting original data. They can't loose it.

> The challenge is not *just* that Zope stores objects, but that these
 > objects exist to produce dynamic content.  "Exporting" your content
 > would mean either taking a "snapshot" of what the site looks like at a
 > given moment or recreating the dynamism of the site in another medium.

 Yes that is what I want, a snapshot. I am working on windows system. What
is
 wget? What does it do? Will it work on Windows.

 Question is how do I know which objects store data and how many fields
 (attributes) are there and their data types etc. in each of those objects.
 And then how to extract data?