[Zope] Exporting zodb data (Urgent)

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 21:54:58 +0200

Hi,

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Dylan Reinhardt wrote at 2003-6-28 18:48 -0700:
>  > On Sat, 2003-06-28 at 12:16, Sukhwinder Singh wrote:
>  > > >  Their loss, I suppose.
>  > >
>  > >  They want to it because zope has become very very slow.
>  >
>  > Let me guess... they haven't packed the database since the original
>  > developer left the company?
>
> But this should not slow down the operation (while is may slow down
> startup).

Sure, but another thing can happen:
they packed millions of images in a simple folderobject,
or have some other objects filling up and
interating over them each time a page will
be requested (such as news items or such)
instead of using a ZCatalog. This can in
fact slow down the operation.

Regards
Tino