[Zope] objects invisible

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 22:00:29 +0100

Danny Nielsen wrote at 2003-3-1 11:06 +0100:
 > Inside my product object I want
 > to make a folder containing images. My problem is that when I create
 > folders and images through Python it aint visible in the management
 > interface. How to I make them visible?

You use the methods designed for this purpose.
I hope they are documented in the Zope Developers Guide (to be found
on "zope.org").

You need the 'ObjectManager' method "_setObject(id,obj)".

  It puts "obj" into the object manager under "id".

  That other Zope things work find with "obj", it must
  have the id "id".

 > Secund, can someone explain to me what implicit objects are available so Im
 > able to communicate with Zope (I have had a hard time trying to figure out
 > howto communicate with Zope through a Python product - the docs API aint
 > well documented)

What?

  What do you mean with "implicit objects"?

I suggest reading the following literature:

  *  the Zope book, 2.6 edition (--> Zope.org)

  *  the Zope Developers Guide (--> Zope.org)

  *

    <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

Dieter