[Zope] how to test to find image

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:04:01 -0800

At 10:18 PM 3/3/2003, Steven Smith wrote:
>My understanding is the default is to start at the top most directory and
>work its way through the site until it finds the first occurance of
>myimage.gif. I would like to reverse this behavior. I need it to start
>looking in the current location and work upwards until it finds myimage.gif.

Well... you're in luck, because the reverse of what you described is how it
actually works.

This would be a great time to read up on Acquisition, which is a key part
of how Zope resolves requests for images and other objects.

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Acquisition.stx
http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html#c37ac15c13
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZDG/current/Acquisition.stx

HTH,