[Zope] assignment to form records

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 19:08:11 -0500

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 03:39:48PM -0800, Dylan Reinhardt wrote:
> At 03:12 PM 3/4/2003, Fernando Martins wrote:
> >I've a script who gets two parameters from a form: Code (int), Fields
> >(record).
>
> Record?  Haven't heard of *that* data type...

search for it in the "advanced scripting" chapter of the online
zope book.

> >Fields.a_field = 1
> >
> >I get the error:
> >
> >> Error Type: TypeError
> >> Error Value: attribute-less object (assign or del)
>
> That's because whatever it is you're passing in for the value of Fields
> doesn't have the attribute you're attempting to assign to.

no, then he'd get an AttributeError.
but you're right that Fields is probably not what was expected,
because the record class defined in HTTPRequest.py will let you
assign any attribute.

What's in the actual form where it gets a value for Fields?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com