[Zope] Some VHM questions

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:45:51 -0800

I have a zope site running behind apache 2.0. The zope istnace has a VHM
in there that maps to a domain. I had a few questions about the VHM
workings.

In my site the primary structure is as such:

/
    /nbs_online/               ( maps to nbs.neuro-bs.com )
    /nbs_online/information
    /nbs_online/secure    ( maps to secure.neuro-bs.com )
/test                               (doesnt map to anything )

The required rewrite rules are in the httpd.conf and ssl.conf

The problem is I can access /test or for that matter any other URL
outside nbs_online via the url nbs.neuro-bs.com/test or whatever the
folder name is. The rewrite rules are given below.
My question is why??

Secondly

the rewrite rules in my virtualhost nbs.neuro-bs.com (httpd.conf)

RewriteRule ^/secure/(.*) https://secure.neuro-bs.com/$1 [R]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://192.168.10.172:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/nbs.neuro-bs.com:80/nbs_online/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

and the rewrite rules in my ssl.conf for virtualhost (secure.neuro-bs.com)

RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://192.168.10.172:8080/VirtualHostBase/https/secure.neuro-bs.com:443/nbs_online/secure/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

However is you look at the folder structure above, can anybody explain
why I can access the folder information via:

https://secure.neuro-bs.com/information

which should be mapping to https://nbs.neuro-bs.com/secure/information
and thus raising a 404??

TIA
AM

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes