[Zope] NuxUserGroups: workaround, anyone?

baiewola@netscape.net baiewola@netscape.net
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:58:51 -0500

My zope site is already created, and I did not create it with the idea that I would be implementing user groups. Therefore, I already have an acl_users folder at the top level of my site. All of my users are defined in that folder, and all access throughout the site is inherited, except for a few local roles assigned here and there.

Now that I want to use NuxUserGroups, I have a problem: I cannot create groups at the top level. Since I already have an acl_users folder, I get an error when I try to create a "User Folder with Groups" at the root level. So I can't simply move all my existing users into a different type of user folder that supports groups.

And when I create a "User Folder with Groups"at any other level, of course  my users from my root level acl_users folder are not recognized so they cannot be added to groups. So if I want to add groups at any level, I have to re-create all my users.

Does anyone have a workaround to this? Or am I overlooking a product that will let me do what I want (add groups to an existing site at the root level)?