[Zope] TransientObjectContainer.keys()

Shannon -jj Behrens jj@nttmcl.com
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:53:46 -0800

Hi,

I'm using Zope as an application server for some weird, non-Web-related stuff.
TransientObjectContainer really matches my needs for a particular problem
(the dict-like interface and the auto-delete feature are quite useful), but
TransientObjectContainer has no keys() method.  I can see why this is the case
considering sessions, but it's something that I absolutely need for my
application.  I assume my options are:

o Hack Zope and submit a patch.
o Hack Zope and don't submit a patch, because it won't be accepted.
o Figure out some (really inconvenient) way to store a list of keys in the
  TransientObjectContainer.
o Don't use TransientObjectContainer, just use normal Zope objects.  Use a cron
  job to implement auto-delete.

I welcome your advice.

Best Regards,
-jj

--
Hacker is to software engineer as
Climbing Mt. Everest is to building a Denny's there.