[Zope] Executing Scripts in Zope

Micheál Healy michael.healy@engitech.ie
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:40:52 -0000

Try the example here.
http://www.zope.org/Members/pbrunet/ExternalMethodsBasicSummary

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Sorin
Marti
Sent: 07 March 2003 13:20
To: Andreas Jung; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Executing Scripts in Zope

Andreas Jung wrote:

> You can not start shell skripts from Zope. At least on directly.
> Create an ExternalMethod that starts your script using os.system()
> or os.popen(). Check with the Zope Book for details.
>
> -aj

First of all: Thanks to Andreas for answering my questions all the time!

I read stuff in the python manual about os.system() and I read a
tutorial about External methods on zope.org

Now I've got following code:

--------------------
def ltoh(self):
     """Compile TeX-File"""
     import os
     msg = os.system( 'latex2html /home/mas/test.tex' )
     if msg == 0:
         return 'Successfull'
     else:
         return 'Not Successfull'

That works fine. Now I want to pass a parameter (the filename) and that
doesn't work.

How do I pass parameters? I tried a few things but nothing worked...
A link to a good tutorial or manual would be great also.

Thanks in Advance
   -mas