[Zope] VHM and SSL problems

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 19:58:27 -0800

Assuming nothing has changed in your config files, my first few guesses
would be:

1. Your admin (or you) reloaded httpd using "apachectl graceful" instead of
"apachectl startssl"
2. You might have somehow blocked port 443 on your server.
3. Your server key is encrypted and this is the first time you've done a
full server restart since that was set up.

Of course there's any number of ways a change to the config files might
crap out ssl.  You have those under version control, right? :-)

It could also be something far more subtle.

Do you have any error messages, tracebacks, or entries in your error_log
that might be helpful?

What happens if you telnet to your server's port 443?  Does Apache respond?

Dylan