[Zope] popular distributions

Dylan Reinhardt zope@dylanreinhardt.com
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 14:38:59 -0800

The only system I wouldn't really recommend is Mac OS 10.1.  The compiler
support is pretty thin and there's no Python 2.1.3 binary... from what I've
heard, this is better in 10.2.

Other than that, the first thing I'd recommend for a production system is
to roll your own software across the board.  Zope is almost trivial to
build from source and if you're even considering working in Gentoo,
building Zope should be a breeze.

Here's an excellent howto on installing Zope that's well worth a read:
http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/HowTos/zopeinstall/ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO/index_html

HTH

Dylan