[Zope] assignment to form records

Eduardo Bastos diabinhow2000@bol.com.br
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 20:29:58 -0300

Hello Folks!

good small documentation about this, can be had access in
http://www.zope.org/Members/Zen/howto/FormVariableTypes and
http://www.zope.org/Members/jpenny/variable_length_forms

the difference flags are that record will be created methods and attributes
of name field.

for example (record)...
<input type=text name=person.name:record size=30>
you have a method person and an attribute name.

for example (records)...
<dtml-in "range(item_count)">
  <input type=text size=30 name="items.desc:records">
  <input type=text size=15 name="items.item:records">
  <input type=text size=10 name="items.qty:records">
</dtml-in>

The receiving method would be handed a list called 'items' where each
listmember is a recordobject with the properties desc, item and qty.
You could loop through them like this:
<dtml-in items>
   <dtml-var desc>: <dtml-var item>, <dtml-var qty>
</dtml-in>

[]s
Eduardo