[Zope] Where is zope best practice?

Heri htan@gmx.de
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:45:20 +0800

------=_NextPart_000_00A0_01C2E6F2.258A9B30

Hi,

I'm currently looking to the best way to develop zope =
application/products.
I've been searching throughout the website and I couldn't find any =
documentation of the 'best practice' on developing a zope products.
Besides this there are many limitation such as no proper IDE to be used =
to develop a product.
I've heard of WingIDE but I'm not sure how helpful this could be in =
developing the Zope Applications/Products.

I'm a Java programmer and attracted to Zope because of many small =
available applications.
I've mastered Python in the last few days and looking forward developing =
Zope Products.
But with little documentation, best practices and tools, I think, Zope =
won't be much helpful to me in building rapid and robust application.
I have been always very keen in knowing Python and Zope.
But something draw me back is the little/no documented best practice on =
developing zope products.

In Java, if one develops an application using JSP (Java Server Page), =
one can use some types of framework such as Struts, Tapestry. Or s/he =
may uses JSP itself.
There are also documented best practice in developing this JSP =
application such as pattern to be used and how you separate =
presentation, business logic and data.
There are also many IDEs and other modelling tools that can be very =
helpful.
>From so many tools, documentation, I am still in favour of developing a =
large application using JAVA instead of Zope or Python.

I'm still keen to know zope further.
Can someone help me to find out the best practice in developing Zope =
Products?

regards,
Heri

------=_NextPart_000_00A0_01C2E6F2.258A9B30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Hi,</P>
<P>I'm currently looking to the best way to develop zope=20
application/products.<BR>I've been searching throughout the website and =
I=20
couldn't find any documentation of the 'best practice' on developing a =
zope=20
products.<BR>Besides this there are many limitation such as no proper =
IDE to be=20
used to develop a product.<BR>I've heard of WingIDE but I'm not sure how =
helpful=20
this could be in developing the Zope Applications/Products.</P>
<P>I'm a Java programmer and attracted to Zope because of many small =
available=20
applications.<BR>I've mastered Python in the last few days and looking =
forward=20
developing Zope Products.<BR>But with little documentation, best =
practices and=20
tools, I think, Zope won't be much helpful to me in building rapid and =
robust=20
application.<BR>I have been always very keen in knowing Python and =
Zope.<BR>But=20
something draw me back is the little/no documented best practice on =
developing=20
zope products.</P>
<P>In Java, if one develops an application using JSP (Java Server Page), =
one can=20
use some types of framework such as Struts, Tapestry. Or s/he may uses =
JSP=20
itself.<BR>There are also documented best practice in developing this =
JSP=20
application such as pattern to be used and how you separate =
presentation,=20
business logic and data.<BR>There are also many IDEs and other modelling =
tools=20
that can be very helpful.<BR>From so many tools, documentation, I am =
still in=20
favour of developing a large application using JAVA instead of Zope or=20
Python.<BR></P>
<P>I'm still keen to know zope further.<BR>Can someone help me to find =
out the=20
best practice in developing Zope Products?</P>
<P>regards,<BR>Heri</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A0_01C2E6F2.258A9B30--