[Zope] ZODB vs Relational Databases

Michael Long mlong@datalong.com
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:05:51 -0500

Please forgive me if this is in a FAQ somewhere. I am writting an
application that will be capturing financial information. If I use the
ZODB and create expense and income objects to capture this information
there will over a 1000 objects added a week. I will be tracking history,
archiving data, etc. Is Zope the right tool for this type of application
or am I better off creating the objects that this data is associated
(companies, people, properties, etc) within the ZODB and using a
relational database such as PostgreSQL to track the higher volume
financial data.

tia,
Mike