[Zope] Whether Zope can do the job

Fernando Martins fmartins@hetnet.nl
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:17:57 +0100

Stephen Liu wrote:
> I am searching open source for an alternative similar to PaperPort,
> Pagis Pro, OmniPage or PageKeeper, applications running on Windows.

I've used PaperPort quite some years ago and it was very nice application on
functionality and ease of use. I don't think Zope is an alternative to it.
Albeit you can build one with it (cf. sean's post) keep in mind zope is web
oriented, ie. you would have to build an interface based on html.

Are you really looking for a web application? To provide the same ease of
use as PaperPort in a browser would be quite a challenge, IMHO. Someone tell
me I'm wrong... (well I suppose you could combine with Java or
SASH+Javascript but...).

Fernando