[Zope] Help: Finding/Deleting Bad Object from ZODB (Data.fs)

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:13:27 +0000

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 12:01 pm, BZ wrote:
> I have been getting a POSKeyError when trying to list my Members
> directory through the ZMI. I backed up everything packed the ZODB and
> turned on debugging. Looks like there is a bad object.
>
> When I run fstest.py:
> 119583146L object serialno 0x034aab9e4b7e624c does not matchtransaction
> id 0x034ac5e367948900

These are hex encoded timestamps. It indicates that part of a transaction from
Tue Feb  4 20:46:17 2003 is mixed up with the transaction record from
Sun Feb  9 12:51:24 2003

Do these times seem significant?

> So,
> how do I (or should I) delete that object?

This is indicating a bad FileStorage, not a bad object. Deleting an object
might not make the problem go away, and might make it worse.

A few people have been reporting this recently, and sadly noone has a good
answer for this FileStorage problem. If you can reproduce the problem
starting with a clean FileStorage then I am sure a FileStorage developer will
take a look.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson