[Zope] zope benchmarks now available

kosh kosh@aesaeion.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:16:01 -0700

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 12:00 pm, J Cameron Cooper wrote:
> >I'm also very curious about performance on dynamic content. My experience
> >has been, and I think I'm not alone in this, that even with my rarefied
> >understanding of the capabilities of Zope, I find myself exploiting it's
> >advantages. I don't think I have a single static page on my site. I think
> >it's more to do with mindset. I just don't think in terms of "static"
> > pages, I'm more concerned with the logic than the presentation. In fact
> > some of my pages are extremely complex. Perhaps much more than they need
> > to be, but I'm still learning.
>
> Indeed. That test page was indeed one of the few times I've ever used
> static content in Zope.
>
> One of my goals for the future is to test the dynamic capabilties better
> -- I used static and simple include pages to start with because they are
> (surprise) easier to set up, especially in translation between
> DTML/ZPT/JSP/SSI. This will force Apache out and allow JBoss in. Time is
> all it will take to set up a more realistic test suite.

Just for a simple comparison could you compare python scripts doing the same
thing to DTML and ZPT also. I have done some of my own tests and found that
python scripts are usually 4-10x faster then DTML or ZPT especially when
things get complex. I have recently started moving some stuff from DTML to
python scripts for speed and it has worked well.