[Zope] monitoring Zope with Daemontools (svscan)

Davis Marques davis@mccalldesign.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 14:31:52 -0800

I'm having some trouble getting my Zope 2.5.1 to work with Daemontools.
 I can get EITHER zope OR the logging service started, but never both
for some reason.  When Zope is running, it doesn't respond to any
requests.  Here's my ps output:

 1092 ?        S      0:00 svscan /service
 1093 ?        S      0:00  \_ supervise zope
 1246 ?        Z      0:00  |   \_ [python <defunct>]
 1094 ?        S      0:00  \_ supervise log
 1098 ?        S      0:00      \_ /usr/local/bin/multilog t
/var/log/zopedebug

I don't know why, but in this case, Zope died and the logging service
started.

Here's my /service_zope/run file:

#! /bin/sh
# Frank Tegtmeyer, fte@lightwerk.com
# http://www.lightwerk.com/zope/monitoring
#
exec 2>&1
echo "------- start by supervise -------"

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
reldir=/usr/local/zope
INST_HOME=`cd $reldir; pwd`
export INST_HOME
exec setuidgid zope /usr/local/zope/bin/python \
   $INST_HOME/z2.py \
   -m -d -w 80 -f 21 -F '' -Z ''

Here's my /service_zope/log/run file

#!/bin/sh
# Frank Tegtmeyer, fte@lightwerk.com
# http://www.lightwerk.com/zope/monitoring
exec /usr/local/bin/setuidgid zopelog /usr/local/bin/multilog t
/var/log/zopedebug

As you can see, I've done some editing to fit my configuration, and have
been mucking around with the options in an attempt to get it to work.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Davis Marques