[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Proposed installation changes for review

Jamie Heilman jamie@audible.transient.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:44:06 -0800

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> There is no amount of reconfiguration that can improve this in Zope2. Zope3
> promises to fix this, but with modular python components rather than modular
> unix components. I would be interested in your thoughts on whether this makes
> a difference.

I don't think modular component libraries are a replacement for
modular programs, or vice versa.  They both have their place, they
both can be good or bad depending on the implementation.  (How's that
for a wishy-washy say-nothing statement. <g>)  I simply haven't looked
seriously at Zope3 yet, because my needs and Zope3's timeline don't
coincide.  So unfortunately any opinons I could offer on Zope3's
direction would be wholely uninformed.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"We must be born with an intuition of mortality.  Before we know the words