[Zope] odbc da for zope on linux

andy andy@bigorangelovebus.net
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:43:19 +0000

Thanks Wade & all,

It looks like the easiest way forward is to convert all the databases to
mysql, front-end them for the users with Access, and use the mysqlda for
the zope stuff. Only problem I'm having is getting the
MySQL-python-0.9.0 setup.py file to work. It claims there's no such file
as distutils.core, even though I can find that file myself.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? I've got all the databases ready to
roll, and just need the DA to work. According to my system, the core.py
file is in /usr/lib/python2.1/distutils/, and the setup.py file in the
MySQL-python-0.9.0 directory reads:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import os, sys
from distutils.core import setup
from distutils.extension import Extension

If I try to build or install this file, then I get an error saying:

ImportError: No module named distutils.core

Should I be changing some of the setup.py file? I can't see where the
problem lies...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy