[Zope] monitoring Zope with Daemontools (svscan)

Dave Hall dave-zope@dnh.sk.ca
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:23:43 -0600

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 02:31:52PM -0800, Davis Marques wrote:
> I'm having some trouble getting my Zope 2.5.1 to work with Daemontools.
>  I can get EITHER zope OR the logging service started, but never both
> for some reason.  When Zope is running, it doesn't respond to any
> requests.  Here's my ps output:
>
>  1092 ?        S      0:00 svscan /service
>  1093 ?        S      0:00  \_ supervise zope
>  1246 ?        Z      0:00  |   \_ [python <defunct>]
>  1094 ?        S      0:00  \_ supervise log
>  1098 ?        S      0:00      \_ /usr/local/bin/multilog t
> /var/log/zopedebug
>
> I don't know why, but in this case, Zope died and the logging service
> started.

Take a look in /var/log/zopedebug for clues as to why Zope is not
starting.  Also, you could try running the run script manually to see if
Zope complains.

The only fundamental difference between this and what I'm running is I'm
using INSTANCE_HOME to have a few Zope servers running with a common Zope
install.  You might try hard coding the path to z2.py and/or check to see
that INST_HOME is getting set to the correct path.

--

Dave

| <- You must be smarter than this stick to ride
     the Internet		-Mike Handler