[Zope] Yet another Zcatalog question--PrincipiaSearchSource

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:58:03 +0100

--On Freitag, 14. M=E4rz 2003 9:43 Uhr -0500 Chris Muldrow=20
<cmuldrow@fredericksburg.com> wrote:

> Right now we've got our main Catalog storing only information about a
> Zclass, and it's only got one ZCTextindex--on PrincipiaSearchSource. I'd
> like people to be able to search the title AND the PrincipiaSearchSource
> at the same time--in other words, have both indexed. Is there a way to
> index both in the same ZCTextIndex so I don't have to keep two text
> indexes and combine searches into both? I'm thinking of trying to index
> some sort of method inside the Zclass that combines the two, but I can't
> seem to figure out what that method should look like--how do I say
> "concatenate title and data into a single piece of data that can be
> indexed"?

I wrote a proposal to implement multi-attribute handling for
indexes for Zope 2.7. This proposal is implemented and will appear
with Zope 2.7. ZCTextIndex and TextIndexNG will support this
new feature. TextIndexNG already supports multiple  attributes
with Zope 2.6.

-aj