[Zope] Performance of dtml-tree in ZMI

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:11:27 +0100

Pascal Samuzeau wrote at 2003-3-14 12:46 +0100:
 > Since some days, the performance of the result of the dtml-tree of the
 > left window of the ZMI is going lower to lower. Now, when I just
 > recognize me from manage, I have to wait 1 minute to get the tree
 > management.
 >
 > Any idea about this slow performance?

DTML Tree looks 1 level further down what you see (in order to
know whether or not it should show the objects as leaf).

Having a large folder or objects that are expensiv to load
can cause significant delays.

Database Adapter instances are especially dangerous.
They try to connect to the database when loaded from ZODB
and this takes minutes (before it fails) when the database
host is offline.

Dieter