[Zope] Re: How to Add an object at the root of a zope tree

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:55:33 +0100

D2 wrote:
> How to add an object at the root of a Zope tree even if the method has
> been called inside a subfolder ?
>
> I tried location=aq_parent(getattr(self, 'Control_Panel'))
> it returns the folder where is located the method. (I suppose that
> 'Control_Panel' is acquired)
>
> I tried : location=aq_parent(aq_inner(getattr(self, 'Control_Panel')))
> It raises an error : 'aq_parent is not defined'. It's the same with
> aq_base.
>
> Is there a function returning the absolute root ?

Hi!

Create a PythonScript at the root of your Zope-Tree with id='ServerRoot'
(or something similar) with content:

return container

Then you can get the root of your ZopeServer with calling ServerRoot()...

Cheers, Maik

--
Deutsche/German Zope User Group
http://www.dzug.org/