[Zope] Re: problems with init-script

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:00:44 +0100

johan wrote:
> Ok , I understand, but anyway, it will cause all the other processes not
> being launched, because zope makes the server hanging. Is every zope
> server on debian experiances this problem ?

Hi.

most distro-based-Zope-installations are a mess. If you don't want to
run into trouble etc. you should use the binary-distro of Zope (with
python already included) or the source-distro (use your own python) and
install it for testing purposes in your home-dir. It's very easy to
do... 5-minutes-job. Then you can play, test, evaluate, collect
experience, ...

If you want to set up a production-server, you shouldn't rely on the
debian-packages for Zope anyway...

Cheers, Maik