[Zope] Problems starting zope server on boot process / Redhat 7.3

news@pernex.de news@pernex.de
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:51:42 +0100

Problems starting zope server on boot process / Redhat 7.3

I am using zope on a redhat 7.3 vserver (server4free.de) machine for the
first time. Up to now I have only experiences with zope on suse 8.0
(zope is preconfigured there).

I am trying to get zope started at boot process.
 - I installed zope correctly on the machine.
 - changed all the necessary permissions according to
http://www.zope.org/Members/markoer2/resources/howtos/redhat_7.3_startup
.
 - the zope startup script starts the zope server correctly
 - created an init script zope at /etc/rc.d/init.d
 - registered the zope service with chkconfig --add zope

But nevertheless zope won't startup on boot process.

When I try to invoke zope manually as root by
 service zope start
I only get
 env: /etc/init.d/zope: No such file or directory

I don't' get any further. What did I wrong? Can you help me? Thanx in
advance.

Cheers

Dominik Fischer