[Zope] a login link

Bryan C. Andregg bryan.andregg@duke.edu
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:08:49 -0500

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:14:28PM +0100, Dieter Maurer mailed:
> Bryan C. Andregg wrote at 2003-3-14 08:58 -0500:
>  > This doesn't work. Or I should say, it half works. If the login is suc=
cessful,
>  > the page is returned but the user object hasn't been updated (has_role=
s()
>  > doesn't work) and subsiquent clicks of the link don't prompt for
>  > authentication.
>=20
> A typical HTTP authentication behaviour:
>=20
>   Login information is automatically send to the subhierarchy
>   rooted in the parent of the object that did require
>   the authentication.

I understand that, but if the client is sending the Login information and i=
t's
valid, then why doesn't Zope return the requested page using the login
information?
--=20
Bryan C. Andregg		Duke University Medical Center
 Programmer			Dept. of Anesthesiology
 e <bryan.andregg@duke.edu>
 p +1 919 684 6201

--qlTNgmc+xy1dBmNv