[Zope] Re: Re: publishing external files

martin f krafft madduck@madduck.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 20:37:43 +0100

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

also sprach Gidon Friedman <tempnospam1@friedman.ch> [2003.03.17.1955 +0100=
]:
> as an alternative: do it the otherway round. you useres store files in yo=
ur=20
> ZODB with WebDAV. with unix-based clients (what i expect in  your case)=
=20
> that works cool.

as said... there's a problem with passwords. either the users are
going to scream as they have to enter the password every time they
change the file, or they'll store it in a local config, thereby
compromising security.

> but i don't quite understand why you don't use LocalFS, it should be=20
> possible one way or the other.

does zope 2.5 do LocalFS? the main reason i don't do it is=20
because i'd prefer to stay with Debian, and Debian does not have it
included AFAICT.

also sprach Paul Winkler <pw_lists@slinkp.com> [2003.03.17.1910 +0100]:
> You might look at KebasData.

cool. this is pretty much exactly what i was looking for.

=2E.. but...

> http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/ZClientMethod

this makes for much better integration with DTML and ZPT scripts.

thanks, the problem is solved, I am using ZClientMethod.

--=20
  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net@madduck
=20
keyserver problems? http://keyserver.kjsl.com/~jharris/keyserver.html