[Zope] [possibly OT] html2pdf on zope

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:06:19 -0800

But how do I get it to work on Linux then??
TIA
AM

Bob Corriher wrote:

> Hi Bo,
>
> My bad. I didn't mean that HTMLDoc wouldn't work on Linux, just that
> the 'b' parameter to popen2 probably isn't the problem, as it is the
> default in the Linux python library.
>
> I've had good success with HTMLDoc for most projects. I do use
> ReportLab for database type reports, but not where I already have HTML
> code generated as HTMLDoc does a much better job of that. It does not
> support CSS however, so I sometimes have to generate alternate HTML
> using the <FONT> tag and other "standard" HTML constructs.
>
> You're right about parsing with Reportlab. I originally started using
> HTMLDoc when some of our users began embedding HTML in content and it
> became more and more difficult to handle the tags in Reportlab.
>
> I'm not sure if Unicode will cause you a problem in HTMLDoc as I've
> not had to use it.
>
> Reportlab and HTMLDoc are the only PDF generation tools I've used and
> I don't know of any others.
>
> Bob Corriher
> P-Wave Inc.
>

> Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday 19 March 2003 18:47, Bob Corriher wrote:
>>

>>>If you're on Linux or Unix, this probably isn't the answer.
>>>

>>Have you good solution to use Unicode with it? I would not like to start
>>coding a parser with ReportLab. But if no solution, I will... :/

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes